The Women's Center of Jacksonville welcomes volunteers and interns. Are
you interested in becoming involved? We have many exciting opportunities
that will allow you to make a difference in the lives of women and girls.
Volunteers receive extensive training, so don't worry if
you don't have experience.
- Art and Soul Committee Volunteer: If you are interested in local
art, you can help plan and produce art exhibits at the Women's Center and in
the community highlighting regional women artists.
- Bosom Buddies Program Assistant: If you are committed to
breast cancer education and support, you can assist at public speaking
engagements, hand out information and evaluations, or help with anything
that comes up.
- Literacy Tutor: If you are passionate about literacy, participate
in this rewarding program by tutoring students in reading, writing,
math, social studies, science, computer skills, or English as a second
language. Training and support are provided.
- On-Call Advocate: If you feel called to empower adult
victims of sexual assault, you can train to become an advocate.
- Hot Line Advocate: Hotline volunteers respond to phone calls
from victims of sexual assault.
- Rape Risk Reduction Educator: If you want to educate
community members, students, police officers or community leaders about
sexual violence, you can train to become an educator.
- Rape Recovery Team Assistant: Help to put together materials
for presentations, assist with special events, help operate the Victims
of Sexual Assault Hotline, make phone calls and much more!
- Other: Other opportunities exist that are not listed here.
Please see the volunteer application below for more information.
To find out more about volunteer opportunities, contact the Women's Center
of Jacksonville at 904-722-3000.
To apply to be a volunteer, download
this application and fax to 904-722-3100.